These lovely flowers are from a set by Chocolate Baroque called Steampunk Butterfly. I wanted to keep the metallic look to the flowers so I stamped and heat embossed them before colouring with pro marker metallic pens. These were cut out to use as a raised element.
The background of patterned paper was further distressed with ink and a background cog stamp used. The flowers were raised on foam pads and some metal embellishments added.
I used an MDF heart shape for the base of this plaque which I painted with acrylic paints and then glued on some paper napkins. The stamp set is from Chocolate Baroque and is called Pretty Birdcage.
The large background stamp was stamped onto tissue paper with Archival Ink and glued to the heart with Matt Medium. The detailed elements were stamped onto card, coloured with promarkers and cut out to add dimension. Extra embellishments such as buttons, flowers, lace and pins completed to look.
I just love this stamp set by Chocolate Baroque, it has all the Steampunk-y elements but in a softer feminine style. I am a fan of Steampunk, but not necessarily the very dark colours so these are perfect to incorporate into Vintage, shabby prettiness!
I used a sheet of ledger paper which I distressed and tore at the edges. Some dotty stamping also helped to give the paper an aged look. I lightly stamped the image in the background and again as a separate element which I coloured with soft pencils and decoupaged on top.
Here is the completed lampshade cover from Wednesday's blog hop. I created a template to make this slip over cover for an existing lampshade. The template was quite simple to make by rolling the shade across a sheet of paper and tracing the curves. The shape was then cut from a dotty patterned paper which was over inked with Distress Ink in three shades of blue.
A garden scene was created with Chocolate Baroque stamp sets, Flora Bella and Dawn chorus. White gel pen highlight's and a spray of mica added a little shimmer. This was such fun to do and I plan to make a larger one to complement my new bedroom décor.
Here is a view of my desk yesterday. I am working on a cover for a small lampshade using Distress Ink and some of my stash of stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I mostly used Dawn Chorus here with some flowers from Flora Bella. I made this cover so it can slip over the existing shade, which means I can change it whenever I fancy a change.
To trace the template I carefully rolled the shade over some scrap paper whilst drawing the outline
So if you wonder why I am showing you my desk in all it's glory, head over to Stamping Ground where you can see desks from all around the world.
One of the most challenging double page spreads of the album incorporating all the arrival shots within the church doorway. I cut arch frames to unify the images and some fretwork and tiles to reflect the church architecture.