Wednesday 18 March 2015

Cottage Ripple Blanket ......drum roll......!


I am so excited I couldn't wait to write this post, my blanket is finished and it is gorgeous! So often I am not that in love with a project when I have finished but this one is the exception.

 

 


Technically, according to the pattern and wool I have left I have not finished and am actually slightly over half way. But as I wanted this as sofa blanket and it now covers my largest sofa I decided to call it done. Another factor in this decision was that my daughter also loved the colours and asked me to make a baby blanket for my third Grandchild due this summer. I still have plenty of wool left over for this, but I may embark on a different stich. Watch this space!





Although there is joy in completion it is tinged with sadness and  I worked the last row with tears in my eyes. I had received the news that a dear friend had passed away after a sudden illness. The blanket will always remind me of her, as seeing me crochet had inspired her to revisit the craft and she had started a blanket of her own.

Sweet dreams lovely lady.x



Attic 24 Cottage Ripple Blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog! I hope you like the things I make and follow me on my creative journey. I would love to hear from you if you stopped by, so if you have time please say hi.
Love Karen