Wednesday 11 July 2018

Whants on your Workdesk Wednesday 475


Wednesday again and another chance to look around and see what other people are making. Take a look at Julia's blog Stamping Ground where you can view creative blogs form around the world.

So my desk was a bit neglected and more of a dumping ground this week!



 
So there is a new sewing machine which I bought second hand and needs to be trialled. It seems happy to join the other two already on my desk! I have multiple machines for students to use in my workshops.
 
There are some woodblocks which I am going to use to print on a bag today (hopefully) and some children's play mats which make a great surface to do this on. You can just see on the right hand side some yellow fabric which I have dyed for this. I can also see a little stitched project hiding so you may need to zoom in!
 
There is a little pile of notebooks purchased from Flying Tiger which are going to have pretty new covers. Below is a photo of some I made for my Grandson as teacher gifts. The pictures are image transfer onto cotton fabric. The original design was a paper collage I did a few years ago.
 
 
 
 
and below is a picture to show that there is often messy activity too!
 
 
Hope you all have a great creative week and I hope to visit some desks this evening. But first I haver a bag to make!
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. I have never tried printing on fabric but the effect is wonderful - I love the colours and textures you've incorporated into your work. And you're a 3 machine crafter now? Wow, that's impressive :-D
    Hugs LLJ 9 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely teacher gifts. I love how you've printed one of your own designs onto the fabric. Hope the bag making goes well. Have a great week. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects, I love the messy desk photo, looks like lots of fun.
    Ellie #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased I read your post about using childrens play mats after our DIL threw them away or else I would have something else cluttering up my craft room.
    Your desk looks very organised even with all the sewing machines and projects on it and I love the notebooks, what a great idea.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Jan no25

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, great desk pictures, so much to see. Flying Tiger are good for bargains Aren't they. I got a box of Alphabet stamps for £3 last week. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz XxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Afternoon Karen. Wonde4eful pictures there today of all the areas of your desks. Love the last one - I'm licking my lips with anticipation of digging into it and seeing what I could find! Those little books are great. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. The note books are soo pretty! Love them. I have just bought my first ever sewing machine second hand - dont have a clue how to use it but looking forward to trying! Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#18)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome desk! I especially like the messy parts! the journal covers are beautiful, great way to use original art! Have a wonderful week! Lindart #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and great projects! I love those notebooks and what you did to them. Awesome! Have a great week. Dorlene #34

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you mentioned the workshops or I'd have thought you had a bit of a "thing" with the sewing machines! have a great week Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Helen’s comment made me laugh, I was going to ask if you have different machines for different weights of fabric - leather, etc!! ASked and answered! You’ve got quite a lot going on, the little embroidered pieces are sweet, and what fun to go through your button tin looking for embellishments. Love the covers on the notebooks too, your collage designs are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great desk this week and lots of fun happening. Love the fronts on those notebooks. Happy belated woyww and wishing you a great crafty week, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those transfers look amazing on those little notebook what a treat for those teachers and such a handy gift. You desk looks a lot tidier than anything crafty I have lying around here.. I'm in real need of a sort out.
    Thank you for sharing WOYWW have a super week.
    Tracey #2

    ReplyDelete
  14. I apologize for visiting so late. My slow internet that my provider can’t seem to help me with, along with a visit from three young people has culminated with a cough, chills, sweats, and sore throat that my friends believe is the flu. This may seem like a cop-out, but I believe in visiting everyone, or I shouldn’t be playing. I appreciate you understanding.

    SO impressed with your machines, but I see you teach classes. I stamp on fabric, too. Mainly I prefer stamps with few details that I can use with acrylic paint. I LOVE your beautiful teachers gifts. The covers are incredible and you paint SO well. Happy very belated WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog! I hope you like the things I make and follow me on my creative journey. I would love to hear from you if you stopped by, so if you have time please say hi.
Love Karen