Monday 1 April 2013

DIY Hair Slides

I have been looking for some new slides for ages and they are so expensive in the shops for what they are. So I decided to buy some of the blank slides from e bay and make my own using embellishments from my stash. So armed with my glue gun I set to work and here is the result 10 slides for much less than the cost of one in the shops.



My favourite is the vintage looking one with butterflies on, this was made from some fridge magnets which were a gift to me. They were too pretty to stay on the fridge, this is a much better use for them. I guess I will have to be careful when I get the milk out!!

The trouble with 10 more slides is they don't fit in the pretty pot I normally keep them in...oops.


1 comment:

  1. Great idea and great effect Karen! fav is the four mini-square cream image ones (butterfly one image) Shaz in Oz.x

    PS you may not know but you have word verification, if you want folk to comment especially on WOYWW you need to turn it off really..
    The removal of the “prove I am not a robot” word verification, will make commenting bliss.. I am not good at reading underwater and that is what it is like.

    If you do not know how to do it go to Blogger-> Setting-> Posts and Comments-> Show word verification please select No.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog! I hope you like the things I make and follow me on my creative journey. I would love to hear from you if you stopped by, so if you have time please say hi.
Love Karen