Monday 18 February 2013

Drawing for the terrified

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.

I have wanted to join blog world for a long time and finally I have made a start. I wanted to be able to share with you my creative process and the kind of crazy stuff I get up to along the way!

I thought I would start by showing you some of my sketchbook. This is brave for me as I don't believe in my ability to draw and avoid it at all costs. This is why I tend to work with collage so I can get away with minimal drawing.

I purchased a book by Carla Sonheim called Drawing Lab to make me more relaxed and to push my boundaries. So far the exercises have been great fun and I am excited by the results.

Here are my speedy dog sketches using a large marker pen, I am becoming very fond of them, they are so cute. It shows how they eye fills in the blanks and you don't need to go into too much detail.





 
 
and here is one of them with a funky makeover!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog! I hope you like the things I make and follow me on my creative journey. I would love to hear from you if you stopped by, so if you have time please say hi.
Love Karen