Sunday 24 February 2013

Picasso Dogs ?!

More experiments in my sketchbook as I work my way through Drawing Lab by Carla Sonheim. I have added a link to Carla's website so you can look at some of her work.

http://carlasonheim.wordpress.com/

And now for something completely different......

I have moved on into the Old Masters section of the book, here are my 'dogs' inspired by the works of Picasso. I have to say the strange drawings were much improved with colour, they developed a character and I am starting to like them now.

One page I coloured with my Inktense (water soluble) Pencils. These have  lovely vibrant colours and also come in solid stick form. The second was coloured with my Sennelier Oil Pastels. These are a first for me, I had tried oil pastels at college but found them smelly and scratchy. The Sennelier are so smooth and blend beautifully.

                                                                         Inktense

                                                                      Oil Pastels

and finally, just to prove I didn't wimp out of figure drawing!


and if you now think.....'why does she keep on about being afraid to draw?' I really didn't think I could do this (honest).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog! I hope you like the things I make and follow me on my creative journey. I would love to hear from you if you stopped by, so if you have time please say hi.
Love Karen