Friday 22 March 2013

Sunday Stamper Week 249 with Hels Sheridan

Entering for the first time into Sunday Stamper with the lovely Hels Sheridan. Do click on the link and take a look at her fantastic blog.

The theme is Brown Eyed Girl, the project should have brown colouration and some stamping.

Here is a card I made for a very special friend who is having a birthday. She loves vintage cards and one of her favourite flowers are poppies. I decided to use text paper as a background for my image and inked this with Distress inks (Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo). I stamped a random floral print in the background with Memento (Rich Cocoa). I decided to sketch the poppies and colour with my Inktense pencils.



 
 
On the card blank (after masking the edges) I stamped some swirls and crackle stamps, then blended Vintage Photo to colour the card. I also stencilled through a dotty mask  with green ink to add a further vintage touch. For a final embellishment I glued beads to the poppy centre and around the card edge.
 
I also needed a little gift box which I covered with text paper and distress inks. The paper flower is a clever idea with book pages, a link to the  tutorial can be found below.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Karen, poppies are my fave... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog! I hope you like the things I make and follow me on my creative journey. I would love to hear from you if you stopped by, so if you have time please say hi.
Love Karen